News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Awesome, the patch worked!

(Okay, did enough damage here. ^^; I'm sure other people can provide better feedback. =) Good luck with finishing up the game. ^_^; )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Hey, finding bugs is a good thing! So no worries. And the sooner we catch them, the better~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sakevisual.com
LukanFox

PostSubject: Download for latest version of beta   Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but is there a place for those of us with earlier versions of the beta to download the latest version without having to buy it from the main website again? I assume there is, but I'm having trouble finding it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:40 pm

LukanFox wrote:
I'm probably missing something obvious here, but is there a place for those of us with earlier versions of the beta to download the latest version without having to buy it from the main website again? I assume there is, but I'm having trouble finding it.

I went to the emails that gave me the links to the beta and just re-downloaded it from there. ^_^v
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:05 am

Yup - if you still have the email you got, the download link should work. If you don't, let me know your email address and I can resend it to you.
Back to top Go down
LukanFox

PostSubject: Naming in the Prologue section   Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:00 pm

With regards to earlier, the links in my email got me the latest version, so all's cool there.
Was wondering though, in the section of the prologue where Kangai meets Jupiter, David and Nathan for the first time, is the whole calling Nathan "War Stars" as opposed to "Star Wars" thing deliberate, i.e. a mistake on Kangai's part to show his ignorance for things he isn't particularly interested in, or should it actually be "Star Wars"? Just curious because every time I read it, it just seems a bit dissonant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:44 pm

It's actually just so I don't have to worry about trademark or copyright issues. While technically it's okay for me to use "Star Wars," since I'm not defaming the name in any way, I figure the less friction, the better.
Back to top Go down
KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Okay, went through all four routes - with a mix of Kangai with/out glasses, and Li Mei and Gurski with/out glasses to see how the gallery was with unlocking images.

I'm going with the idea that the gallery was meant to show *all* variations with and without glasses. ^^; (If not, then you can ignore some of it.)

Some images are still locked although I'm pretty much they were just glasses alternatives - so these are the images I saw but were not recorded in the gallery. First picture is the one on the left so going in
1 2 3
4 5 6 type order.

- 4th picture in CG01 (unable to get glasses)
- 5th picture has 2 images still locked (I think it's because the glasses CG doesn't show up even if Li Mei wears them)
- 11th picture, 2nd image is locked (can't remember if I saw the glasses, or it just didn't show up. ^^; )
- 12th picture, 3 images are still locked despite seeing all of them.

CG02
- 2 and 3rd picture just don't show the glasses CG, although I saw them in the game.
-5th, same thing. There's no locked image, and just doesn't show the glasses CGs although I saw them in the game.
-6th picture, same as 5th.
-9th, not sure if Gurski has a glasses option here... Didn't see him in glasses in the CG, and has no mention of a locked image.

But that's my game - it might be different for someone else (since I went through multiple versions, lots of re/loading involved).

*falls over*

(and have an awesome holiday~)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LukanFox

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Pre-order Feedback [Spoilers]   Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Minor thing about one of the changes in version 0.9c: When Aki's question about majoring in bagpiping was changed to minoring, Shawn's response was still left as major. Just thought I should point that out.

Also something else I should point out is that when Kangai is discussing the bikes with Shawn, the picture would have been taken 'yesterday' morning as opposed to 'this' morning; a day and night have passed since the team's arrival.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
logic2009

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi there,

Absolutely love this game. I did find the True ending first but mainly because I remembered what happened when I acted suspicious towards Chance in the first game...

Adding on to what LukanFox said, Aki asks if you can minor in Bagpiping. Shawn replies major in Bagpiping? and in a text message from Aki after the conversation she states that you can't major in Bagpiping but can in Juggling.

The CGs are also a bit inconstistent. Even with the relevant glasses switched on I can't get the 4th picture of Kan with glasses, the 5th picture of Li Mei with glasses, the 11th of Dectective G with glasses, and the 12th group CG with or without glasses even after going back and trying a few combinations (and the group one was one of my favourites).

Finally, although highly unlikely that you wouldn't, if you don't talk to Aaron and get him to sleep, you can get right up to Li Mei telling you he is asleep in her text while he is still awake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:56 pm

Version: 0.9c
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX275

First things first: Happy New Year! I hope you have a really great year!

Sorry that I'm a bit late joining in the testing. I would have liked to start beta testing Yousei earlier, but I could only fit it into my budget recently. Also, I haven't looked at any other posts yet as I didn't want to read any spoilers, so I hope I'm not repeating a lot of things that have already been noted.

General feedback:
  • The placeholder image for the gallery brought a smile to my face. d(^_^)
  • Your new dialogue menu looks great.
  • It was a nice (and interesting) touch to show Kangai's mobile during a phone conversation.
  • Li Mei's pouting face is cute!
  • "Grumpypants Gurski". Hehe (^_^)
  • The sarcasm is topnotch.

Bugs:
  • Gallery (Main Menu): After a few clicks on "CGs 01" it returns you to the main menu (usually on the second or third click).
  • In the Quick Load Menu, during exploration, the notebook and cellphone icons are still there.
  • After the game has been running for a while (I didn't keep track, maybe a few hours?), I noticed that if you clicked outside of the game window, it would advance the text. When I tried to close the window (by clicking the "X") it would also advance the text and wouldn't display the quit confirmation message. I had to quit via the settings menu. It's happended to me twice now and, unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out what causes it.

I apologise in advance if I mention the same punctuation, etc. that I already noted in the other Yousei feedback thread (in case you decided not to change it).

I mention the comma usage before "too" quite a few times, mostly because we were taught never to use it like that (i.e. don't put a comma). I read an article that states both ways are fine and that the comma before "too" (and obviously in other instances) is often used to convey a pause, emphasis or an abrupt change of thought.

Spelling/grammar/typos/suggestions:
Spoiler:

Dialogue menu "issues":
  • After arriving at the campus, and Shawn says "You must be Haru. And... I hope I'm saying this right. Kizaki?" the name label reads "Shawn" instead of "Chipper Guy", but he only introduces himself a few sentences later.
  • Aaron's first appearance where the name label, "Camera Guy", is displayed with the text "Click click!": If that's the sound of the camera (and not Aaron speaking ^_^) should the name label actually be displayed?

Other:
  • The first time in the lab (after David and Nathan enter) and they're shown next to Jupiter (when David says "Where'd that police dude go, anyway?"), because of the image position of Nathan he looks taller than David and in other scenes he seems slightly shorter.
  • Dormitory (during "Filter" section) where Aki says "Miko hasn't told us anything about you": That is the first time in Yousei (at least for my current playthrough) that Detective Gurski is referred to by his first name. Although, it can be inferred later in the conversation, I was just wondering if first-time players may find this confusing?
  • Dormitory, exploration part ("New day" section), talking to Aaron where he says "Jupiter called to see if I was feeling okay, and I didn't even answer the phone. I didn't know what to say to her." It's probably me just being nitpicky, but if he didn't answer the phone, how would he know that she called to ask if he was okay?

I've only started playing Yousei's beta and I still need to explore the other conversation options, so I'll post again if I find anything. But it's looking really good (both the writing and the art). Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:12 pm

Congrats on the voiced version. ^^ Looking forward to it.

(Whoa, you got the perfect voice for the 'chipper guy' so chipper indeed. XD )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ayshara

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:31 pm

*checks email* Ack! I don't have the download email! Please resend to taiyouryuATgmailDOTcom thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Ayshara wrote:
*checks email* Ack! I don't have the download email! Please resend to taiyouryuATgmailDOTcom thanks!
Resent. You should have it in a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Ayshara

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazulisOutsider

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 am

Hello!

I found some bugs (?), or they could just be called errors, in the voiced version of the beta.

Spoiler:

This is feedback for the different endings:

Spoiler:

That's all the bugs I have found. If I find anything else, I'll make sure to post about it.

On another note: This game and this series are absolutely, totally... A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! All 3 games - The story, the characters, the everything! I adore Kangai, he is my favorite character - he may even be my favorite character out of any video game I've played, and that's saying something. His personality is almost exactly like mine... Li Mei is so adorable! I love the interaction between Naoki and Aki. Even Detective Gurski, who I didn't think I'd like, I've learned to care about.

Sakevisual, you truly have crafted a masterpiece! Keep it up! <3

Last edited by LazulisOutsider on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : -Wanted to make one error more descriptive)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Version: 0.91c

I haven't finished my previous playthrough yet, so I don't have any feedback on endings and such. I restarted again so that I could experience the game with voices.

Regarding the voices for the new characters - it's different from what I imagined, but that's probably a good thing (^_^) It really brings the characters to life.

I noticed a few small "discrepancies" between the spoken words and the displayed text. Just let me know if I should ignore stuff like this.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:02 pm

Notes on any discrepancies between text and voice would be much appreciated.

Uploaded a new version with the missing lines, some fixed things, and the blooper reel (cleverly hidden in the usual spot: click "thank you" in the Director's Notes). I think I fixed all previous bugs. If nothing bad happens on this version, it will be the final release.
Back to top Go down
LazulisOutsider

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am

Version: 0.91d

This isn't really a bug, it's more like me nitpicking, but...

Spoiler:

Ok. Now this may be a bug: The CGs in the gallery are being a little finicky. For instance, I chose that Kangai should wear glasses in all my play-throughs. But, in the gallery, when he's shown, I only have the ones where he has no glasses, yet I never saw those, and in the game, he had glasses on in the CGs. Also some that I have seen, have not unlocked like:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Found an error:

Spoiler:

EDIT again: Something I mentioned in a previous post is still there.

Spoiler:

3rd EDIT: Found an Error between text and voice:

Spoiler:

4th EDIT (Sorry for all the edits...):

Spoiler:

Last edited by LazulisOutsider on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:37 pm

A few more discrepancies between the text and voice:
Spoiler:

Comma usage:
Spoiler:

I see that the notebook and cellphone images still display in the Quick Load menu during exploration.

EDIT: This is for version 0.91d
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:43 pm

Many thanks! I really thought I nailed some of those. o_o Will go and investigate.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Oh! Also, if you want your name in the credits under beta testing, please let me know what name you'd like me to use. I prefer real names over internet handles. If you're not comfortable with that, you can use a first initial + last name.
Back to top Go down
NoJoker

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 am

It would be awesome if you could name me. I prefer real names, too, so if you credit me please use: Marcel Weyers
Thank you in advance ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.marcel-weyers.de
Oniyuri

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:21 pm

Version: 0.91d

This is the first time I've actually properly gotten around to the exploration since the demo (;^_^)
Spoiler:

Commas/Typos/etc.:
Spoiler:

Voice and text discrepancies:
Spoiler:

Other:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:58 pm

If you don't mind adding me... ^^; (Hopefully I was helpful enough...)

I'll PM my full name, actually.

added:

D'aw, thanks ^_^

Last edited by KittyKatStar on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]   

Back to top Go down

Yousei Feedback [Spoilers]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next