News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Update: (03/25/2014) The Backstage Pass beta has been given a content update, so if you're currently testing the beta with us, please re-download the file from your confirmation email.

Important: Due to the extra content, old saves are not compatible with the new version. To delete a save file, hover your mouse over the save thumbnail (in the game) and press the 'delete' key on your keyboard.

This update includes:
-Opening video animation
-Bug fixes
-Typo fixes
-Additional scenes for each of the main four guys and the alone path
-Updated GUI
-Updated extras: Endings list and media gallery (music room/video player)

Bugs we're still chasing:
-Quickmenu still works during the scheduler portion
-CG gallery crashes on certain CGs
-Keyboard functions don't work on certain screens (like wardrobe)

--

Please use this thread to report bugs in the Backstage Pass Beta.

If you find a bug in gameplay, please include the version you're playing, the in-game date you were at, and which character's path you're on (if any) along with any other details you can.

If you get a bug that crashes the game, click the button "Open Traceback" to get a text file. Copy the text into a post here, or email the text file to ayu@sakevisual.com

Bug Fixes
Fixes for bugs will be posted here. If the bug is game-crashing, fixes will be posted as soon as possible. Otherwise, we will compile fixes and update this thread once a week as necessary.

Last edited by sake-bento on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:37 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sakevisual.com
AnglBunny

PostSubject: Invisible Links   Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:29 pm

In-game date: August 28
Character's path: ??? Not sure if I'm far enough to tell. Adam has the most hearts (1/2 heart)
Windows 8

Bug:

The same bug is in the following screens:
-Status
-Game Control
-Save Game
-Load Game

In these screens there are invisible clickable links that correspond to the same position of the links found in "Main Menu".

Other than that, it's fun so far! Good job!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
papapon

PostSubject: MAC control issue (Save Load and Setting Screen)   Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:36 pm

I am using Mac.
I tried to left-click on the main screen, but there was no respond.
Can only trigger the menu by arrow buttons.(Same applied to save and load screen .)
When entered into setting screen neither arrow key nor (left or right)click worked.

Also when in the main game, the dialogue box will move up and down as certain change of text or may be when there is change in action /flag?. ( for mac version)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lira

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:07 pm

In-game date: October 31
Character's path: Matthew
Windows 7

Bug: I'm just stuck at that date. This is the 2nd year and I don't think the game is supposed to last this long but it won't end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:21 pm

The game should end in August of the second year. If you have your save files, could you email them to ayu@sakevisual.com? They should be in a folder called "saves" in the folder called "game."
Back to top Go down
Lira

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:40 pm

Sure, I sent you the 4 I was alternating between for that game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:56 pm

Thank you! It looks like if you chose to wear a full outfit on a weekend, the game gets stuck in a loop (whoa). There's an updated file that should help (first post) - it won't affect current saves, but all new games should be fine.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:57 pm

papapon wrote:
I am using Mac.
I tried to left-click on the main screen, but there was no respond.
Can only trigger the menu by arrow buttons.(Same applied to save and load screen .)
When entered into setting screen neither arrow key nor (left or right)click worked.

Also when in the main game, the dialogue box will move up and down as certain change of text or may be when there is change in action /flag?. ( for mac version)
Can you send me a screencap of the dialogue box moving? ayu@sakevisual.com
Back to top Go down
keltena

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:57 am

Version 0.3b -- I'm running into a bug with loading saves after using stat-boosting items on weekends. (I ran into it on 9/6 and 9/13, though I'm guessing it's weekends in general.) The items seem to work right and show the stat increase, but if I save after using them (i.e., while still on the weekend options screen) and then load that save, the stat boosts are gone and the items are still consumed. I've tried playing on through the next week+weekend, and it looks like the stat boosts are fine as long as you don't save/reload during the weekend you use the items.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://keltena.tumblr.com/
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:36 am

keltena wrote:
Version 0.3b -- I'm running into a bug with loading saves after using stat-boosting items on weekends. (I ran into it on 9/6 and 9/13, though I'm guessing it's weekends in general.) The items seem to work right and show the stat increase, but if I save after using them (i.e., while still on the weekend options screen) and then load that save, the stat boosts are gone and the items are still consumed. I've tried playing on through the next week+weekend, and it looks like the stat boosts are fine as long as you don't save/reload during the weekend you use the items.
Ooh, good find. We'll have that fixed in the next weekly update.
Back to top Go down
keltena

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:56 am

keltena wrote:

A probably-related bug that I just now noticed (though I think it's happened a couple times before): loading a weekend save from after replying to emails seems to lose your replies, both in that they're gone from the outbox and the relevant appointments aren't scheduled during the week. I also thought I saw emails going back to being marked as unread a couple times, but a little poking hasn't recreated that, so maybe I'm misremembering.
Date's 9/27, if that's relevant. (And I fiddled with the wardrobe option too out of curiosity, but the game hasn't forgotten what Sian's wearing. Good to see we have priorities!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://keltena.tumblr.com/
Punchysporkk

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:51 pm

I have the endless loop bug too, even after updating it with the file in the first post and starting a new game. Also on Matthew's route.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Punchysporkk wrote:
I have the endless loop bug too, even after updating it with the file in the first post and starting a new game.  Also on Matthew's route.
Could you email me your save files (stored in game/saves) so I can have a look? ayu@sakevisual.com
Back to top Go down
Punchysporkk

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:09 pm

Sent the last two, I hope it helps you. =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
awesomeautumn

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:55 pm

On August 7th of the second year on Adam's route, I'm assuming the game is supposed to end because the credit screen pops up, but after that the game just carries on. I ran into it on Matthew's route too and I thought maybe it was just the endless loop, but I'm not sure. It's version 0.3b, but the saves are from version 0.3a, if that makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekochi

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 pm

I've noticed a few things. First of all, there were several times throughout the game where it looked like there was some placeholder dialogue left over. For example, once it said something like "Alivin tells Sian finals are next week." instead of having an actual conversation where that happens.

Secondly, some of the CGs from Adam's route aren't showing up in the gallery, even though I should have unlocked them. (They worked just fine in game, they just weren't there in the gallery.) The two I've had problems with thus far were the CG at the aquarium and the one from his TV interview. I haven't finished his romance route yet, so I'll let you know if I have problems with any of his other CGs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nerdyrevelries.tumblr.com
BonBonBunny

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:55 am

Hi hi!  Thanks for putting this awesome game together, and I'm enjoying playing the beta!

When I beta test games, I keep Notepad open to take notes on what feedback I want to give to the developers.  I tend to be hyper-analytical on game design-related issues.  Things like story flow, player feedback, intuitiveness of navigating interfaces, the presence or absence of polish... but I'm not sure where to share these observations, since they're not bugfix-related - or if any observations on such subjects would even be welcome, since the game is in such a nearly-finished state, it might be difficult or even impossible to implement big changes to, say, the way the e-mail screen looks and operates.

So I'll hold off the notes I took on those for now, and stick to the observed typos and errors.

• In a couple of lines (shame on me for failing to write them down, but they were near the beginning of the game and during scenes that took place in the studio, and I remember one was said by Dale), the sentence will begin with "Well" but lack a comma after it.

• Between many scenes that occur during the week, the background fades in and out somewhat awkwardly between the weekly activity screen (with the chibi Sian going about her week), Sian's bedroom, and whatever other scenes happen to occur (like the library bg during tutoring, the studio background, etc.), sometimes showing unrelated backgrounds before transitioning to the 'real' one that's supposed to happen next.  This happens universally throughout the entire game.

• On the title screen and pause menu, the options screen is called "Setting".  In the shortcut links above the message box during normal gameplay (next to Save, Load, etc.), it's called "Option".  It should probably always be referred to by the same name.

• On the Status screen, love and friendship indicators for the guys are icons of hearts and stars.  For the stats that clothing items boost when you wear them, Cute and Coolness are also indicated by hearts and stars, respectively.  Since those variables are unrelated to one another, they probably shouldn't be represented by the same icons.

• On the "Are you sure you want to overwrite your save?" prompt, the Yes and No options are so small, you have to very precisely have your mouse over them to choose them.  Larger Yes and No icons would be awesome.  ((okay, sorry, a little bit of my game design-related observations are showing up here...))

• While going to the mall one time, ran into Matthew and the line "This will get rewritten and it will work" came up, which doesn't seem to be in context.  Possibly leftover placeholder text?

• Called Matthew to hang out with him in the coffee shop one weekend, and  his portrait has him in casual clothes with his hair down.  A couple lines in, his portrait changes his hair to be pulled up.

• On weekends, when you go to the Pho restaurant, it shows you how much a meal will cost at the selection screen.  But the Cafe doesn't show you how much its selection costs, just how much money you currently have.

• At the clothes shop in Winter, the two new Winter pants items that raise Cool have an accidental 0 after the 20.  (Not so that it looks like they boost your Cool by 200, but that it looks more like 20-space-0.)

• During the sledding with Benito scene, the line "This time, he loses control and plows straight into a snowdrift" has Benito's name above the message box, so that it looks like its being spoken by Benito.

• Not sure how relevant this one is, but at the very beginning when Sian's adviser tells her there is a program for "students with special needs," maybe changing the line to "students with special financial needs" will clarify any potential confusion caused by the fact that "special needs" sometimes refers to physical or mental handicap, which is unrelated to the financial aid program he's talking about.

• In a scene where Adam encountered Benito for the first time, Benito remarked that he's not a college student yet, and I thought it was weird that Sian showed no reaction.  There wasn't anything before this to indicate that Benito isn't a student here, which would be the conclusion Sian (and the player) logically come to since we encounter him on campus a lot and interacting with other students.

• Didn't get the "Unlocked ???: It's a place where you buy stuff" notification until AFTER I'd been there.  Probably was supposed to popup when the devilishly handsome and nice lady with the red hair told us about it.  Gamego, too - actually, didn't get a notification for that one at all, it just showed up on the map after the event where you learn about it.

• During a work scene, "As I head toward the trailers, I spy a familiar figure hanging around outside the stuidio."  Should be "studio".  ((Yaaaay me, I actually wrote down the line this time.))

• When the movie theater opens up, Sian remarks on it, goes to look at it, and an option to go to it appears along with the clothes and gift store.  But if you do choose the option to go there, a blank text box comes up then it skips to the weekly scheduling screen.

• Before a weekend in May, a line of dialogue just said "Adam informs Sian of finals week coming."  Sounds like placeholder text.

• At the end of May/beginning of June (not sure if the time is relevant), I got a message that Sian's blog was pretty popular and that she earned $34 in ad revenue from it.  Then the same message repeated a second time before the game continued on.

• I apparently didn't get on a guy's route in time, and so was put on the "Sian route," but I noticed at this time that I seemed to stop receiving e-mails completely.  The entire second half of the school year, I never got any more e-mails about gigs or anything - however I did notice that the Message Board still updated once in a while.  And since she wasn't getting work, she wasn't getting paid, so money in that last half of the game was reeeeeaally tight for me LOL, it was basically what was leftover from all of the gigs in the first half of the school year, which seemed plentiful and at a good pace, gameplay-wise.

Okay... I think I covered all of the error-related points I put in Notepad. @_@ That is way too many words. Very Happy;; I have other notes too, but they are for things like indicators next to the stats that change as you use consumables, filling out the game with more sound effects, some counterintuitiveness for interfaces like the e-mail screen and scheduling screen... all those game design-related things I mentioned at the beginning that aren't really bugfixes.

This post is huge so I'm gonna stop typing now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bonbonbunny.com
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:17 am

Thank you~ If you have any design commentary, feel free to post or email ayu@sakevisual.com - whichever you prefer. Even if we can't change it at this state, it's still good to know.
Back to top Go down
AnglBunny

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:36 pm

Just a minor thing, but I think it's supposed to say Cool: 20
The white sweat pants has the same issue

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekochi

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:09 pm

When on Matthew's route, Adam reminds you about his launch even and you say you'll be there, but you don't actually attend it since you have work for Midnight Cosmetics that day. Not a huge issue, but it seems a little rude to tell Adam you'll be there and skip out because of another job, haha.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention, Adam also says that his TV interview is going to be on a Tuesday, it's actually on a Monday. Again, not a big deal, but that also means it won't be too hard to fix!
Back to top Go down
papapon

PostSubject: Save/Load game interface issue (mac , beta version 0.3b)   Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:56 am

I am not sure is just mac version , but when I want to select the save slot to save or load, sometime there would be double highlight and is unclear which one I am choosing.

Also a good to have improvement would be the highlight colour for the save slot can be more
"dominant" or contrasting against the background colour? I think it would make the selection seen easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixelen

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:07 am

Hi, I am having the same problem with Matthew's route in that I am stuck on October 31st. I am on a Mac running version 0.3a, I know there is a new version but not sure where to download it? Great game though, thanks!

Edit: Ah sorry, just realised the update on the bug fix in the first post is clickable, downloaded it now!

Also just got a bug on Adam's route, went to the cinema on 3/28 (just to unlock it) and because I didn't have enough money it just came up blank.

Another small thing, at the arcade on Adam's route if you choose the racing game, when he crashes into you and his sprite changes to the embarrassed one, the pink hue on him (to make him look arcade-y) disappears. Just a little thing but as a designer it was irksome to me! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jelaine

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:21 pm

On Matthew's route, after going to the awards show for Vice/Versus on 5/29 after going to the awards show my popularity drops.

Before attending the awards show my popularity is at 300, then after the show my popularity drops to 100. This is especially weird because there is a dialogue after V/V wins best drama that says Sian got a little popularity boost from being connected to them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekochi

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:18 pm

I found something else. If you look at your inventory and then ask a guy on a date, when the prompt about giving the guy a cupcake appears, there won't be any cupcakes to select regardless of how many you might actually have. It doesn't actually delete the cupcakes, as they're still there when you check your inventory later, but it keeps you from giving the guy a cupcake during that particular date.

I've also found that at times during the later parts of the game, you GPA won't always show up and it will say your GPA is "--" instead of giving a number. Even when it does show your GPA, it doesn't always go up when you choose to study. I don't remember encountering this on Adam's route (though I don't know that I actually spent much time studying during the second half of his route, haha), but it's definitely shown up on John's and I seem to remember having the same issues during Matthew's as well. I still haven't played Benito's route yet (saving my second favorite guy for last), but I'll let you know if this crops up when I do. Fortunately this bug doesn't seem to have any further adverse effects such as getting you thrown out of school or something, haha.
Back to top Go down
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:23 pm

If you're on John or Matthew's route, the GPA should disappear in summer, since Sian isn't in school anymore. If you see it as "--" anywhere else, please note when and where. (Conversely, if you DO see a GPA show up on their routes in summer, please note that as well).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports   

Back to top Go down

Backstage Pass Beta - Bug Reports
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next