News, discussion, feedback, and possibly cookies.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
sake-bento
Admin

PostSubject: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:24 pm

Stuck in the game? Looking for hints on how to play? Got your own insights? Share them here! If you're looking for help on getting the guy you want, unlocking locations, or getting that last cupcake recipe, ask here and other players can help you out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sakevisual.com
helms

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:10 am

I've just been playing through the game a bit to get a feel for it before I really start in on any guy's routes, but here're a few tips I've got for anyone. C8

On weekends, check your email!! Always check it! Emails concerning jobs where you meet the guys (Benito and Matthew for example) show up in the email, but you won't go unless you reply to the emails and say you'll be there. I missed quite a few instances like these at first...

Tutoring's a good way to raise intelligence but you can only go on Mondays! So schedule it in.

There're some books and good items in Brains and Puzzles in the mall that'll boost your stats or (what I found awesome) lower your fatigue!

Matthew likes white chocolate (so, cranberry and white chocolate scones if you go to the cafe).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekochi

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:46 pm

I'm having a hard time getting on a route. What do you need to do to get on one and how can you tell when you're on one? (Specifically I'd love to get on Adam's romance route, but even general tips would be helpful.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nerdyrevelries.tumblr.com
KittyKatStar

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:51 pm

For Adam I basically hung out with him every weekend for chocolate croissants.

- Gave him ukulele from the mystery shop (buy the Rivenwell Online book at the puzzle shop to unlock it) on his birthday.

- Went to his Halloween event (go to the school, wear a ghost sheet.)

- focused on raising intelligence and fitness

- when stranded at work, call for a ride home

- if all goes well, in Jan you'll trigger a date at the aquarium.

while on route:

- Gave him the keyboard for... I think Valentine's Day.

General tips for other guys (note, the beta might have changed, so hope this isn't outdated.)

John - raise fashion by working.

Matt - raise charisma by blogging a lot.

Benito - raise intelligence (although I think charisma is also important?) I tend to balance both and it works out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jiwga

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:38 pm

From what I can tell, Adam likes chocolate. He the chocolate croissants as the post above mentioned, and the Dark Forest cupcake.

John likes it when you order the Spinach and Feta salad when at the cafe. He seems to like the Sunny Picnic cupcake.

I don't know how much this will help, but here's a list of cupcakes you can make and give out in the game.

1. Sunny Picnic
   Angel Food, Whipped Cream, Strawberries

2. S'mores
   Yellow Cake Batter, Chocolate Frosting, Mallows

3. Birthday Cake
   Yellow Cake Batter, Chocolate Frosting, Sprinkles

4. Dark Forest
   Chocolate Batter, Chocolate Frosting, Strawberries

5. Chocolate Peanut Butter
   Chocolate Batter, Peanut Butter, Sprinkles

6. Gut Buster
   Chocolate Batter, Cream Cheese, Bacon

7. German Chocolate
   Chocolate Batter, Apple Sauce, Coconut

8. Valentine
   Red Velvet, Whipped Cream, Mallows

9. Red Velvet
   Red Velvet, Cream Cheese, Sprinkles

10. The King
    Banana Cake Batter, Peanut Butter, Bacon

11. Fruit Smoothie
    Banana Cake Batter, Apple Sauce, Strawberries
Back to top Go down
View user profile
camila.nic

PostSubject: John Brandon's route   Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:55 pm

So I'm having trouble with John's route.. I can't seem to be able to get the third and seventh CGs. I have been able to manage from 1 to 9, except for those two and I assume I'll be able to get the rest if I do the story right from the beginning.

Here's what I know:

Let him give you a lift (kind of an obvious one, and you get the second CG)
Blank for the third CG
Stay over at the studio for the fourth CG
Stay quiet (I think) before practising his lines in his trailer for the fifth CG
And the others I've gotten pretty much onfold by themselves.
Also he likes the salad and the white chocolate thingy at the cafe, seems to me any cupcake will make him happy (though I dont know for sure) and I think any game at the arcade is fine with him. For the movies, he likes the argonauts one and the witch one.
And you should probably raise your fashion.

There, that's about it.

If this is anything like Alistair, then the fashion tip is valid. We probably have to buy certain items to get some scenes and hang out with him as much as we can once its available. And maybe we need to frequent a certain location to meet him more often, like the pho place (although I've tried doing that and I only ended up waisting money)

So, if anyone has any other info you think might be useful please let us know..?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Punchysporkk

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:00 am

John's third CG is the halloween party.  You need the medieval dress costume and to go to the cast and crew party for Vice/Versus.  I only just got his 5th, so I'll update if I get the 7th.

...Okay, finished his route now and still didn't get the 7th CG. My ending seems really happy, so I'm thinking it may be for a bad end or from another route. Or I just missed something. I'm still missing 10, 12, and 14 as well.

The love movie raised his affection more than argonauts, and he seems to prefer the Dark Forest cupcake. I think the classy outfits may have boosted his affection faster too. I'm fairly certain on all of that, but not 100%.

Thank you Jiwga!  I was getting nowhere with those recipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
camila.nic

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:14 am

punchysporkk thankyou!

I'll play again now and let you guys know if I get any of the other CGs

Yeah... so I didnt get any more CGs (Nozomi_19 thankyou for the 7th one!) but I did learn a few things that might help a little. First, in the arcade go for racing. Also, it's probably a good idea to work at least once a week 'cause you might miss a scence or a conversation, or the invitation to the halloween party, like it happened to me.

Other than that, went back and tried to "lose" to see the bad end. So made a point of not going to the renaissance faire... and I still ended up winning the trip and the game. i dont know.. maybe its cause its the beta version? And we'll get the rest of the CGs when the final version is released? Well either that or I'm really missing something. Oh well.

Last edited by camila.nic on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nlover5112

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:52 pm

I am completly lost on the mattew route can i have a few pointers? anyone? onigai? silent 
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/jillianorpikowski
tooaya

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Am I allowed to post? lol Anyway, for Matt--

To get onto his route:

- Ask him why he's hiding at the mall (CG)
- Accept both of Dale's job offers (one by mail so be sure to check it )
- Ask about his girlfriend when you work with him the first time
- Attend Midnight and co. Halloween party (again, check mail the weekend prior for the chance to be invited ), go as a vampire slayer.
- Treat Nicole nicely whenever you can (not sure if it matters? )
- Go to the mall to bump into Matt, who'd give you his phone number provided you've done most of the things above.
- Ask Matt out if you want, he really likes DDS at the arcade.
- In December, accept Dale's job offer for Christmas holiday show (CG)

On his route:

- Gift him Acrylic paint set from ???
- His key stat is Charisma, so blog a lot.
- imo everything just went really smoothly with him. One thing to note is that for Valentine's event, the choice that decreases his affection is the one that gives the CG, so be sure to save at that option.
- For birthday event, let him be the guide.
- When he offers to give you a ride, accept it.
- I forgot what he liked from the cupcakes, but do not give him the peanut butter and chocolate one: he's allergic to peanuts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nlover5112

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:16 pm

arigatou
Back to top Go down
Nlover5112

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:44 pm

where do you get the arcade and the acrylic paint?
Back to top Go down
Jiwga

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:55 pm

The paints can be found in the ??? store.
You unlock the ??? store by buying the Rivenwell Online Companion Book from Brains and Puzzles.

I can't remember how I unlocked the arcade though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tooaya

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:12 pm

To unlock arcade:

1. Choose exercise to unlock tutoring with Alvin on Monday afternoons
2. Get your GPA to 3.0

Alvin will tell you about the Arcade (VGZone) in the next tutoring session. (I'm not sure if you need to explore other places first but do that too just to be safe )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nozomi_19

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Punchysporkk wrote:
...Okay, finished his route now and still didn't get the 7th CG.

I'll contribute a little since this post has helped me soooo much TwT a huge thanks to all.

For John's 7th CG you need to buy the Black Truffles from the ??? shop and give them to John on his birthday, he likes to cook Wink and they'll trigger an event later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekochi

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:30 pm

Adam's favorite cupcake is S'mores and Matthew likes German Chocolate best.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had an ideas about getting Adam's CGs that I'm missing? I've played his route several times and done both the friendship and romance routes, but I'm still missing four of his CGs. I'm pretty sure that I know what two of them are, as I've gotten them in game and they just haven't shown up in the gallery, but I don't know how to get the other two. If anyone can tell me, I'd appreciate it. Details under the spoiler tags. :3
Spoiler:

I'm also missing two of Matthew's CGs, but I'm thinking that's just because I haven't done his friendship route yet.
Back to top Go down
Lira

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:40 am

Um anyone know how to get John's 12th CG? It's the only I'm missing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyuric

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:27 am

Hi

A little question, clothes you bought have an influence on the boys ? They have "cute", "classy" and "cool" style :3

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:10 am

Hi! Quick question, when you check your status, what do the five stars under each guys' picture mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixelen

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:33 am

Hi, I was just wondering what you're meant to give Adam for Christmas? It automatically takes you to the book store so I think it has to be from there, he likes the board game but not the Shakespeare set or Moonlight Avengers, didn't try the other two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tooaya

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:57 am

I think all the CGs where your costume can be customized fail to get recorded if you don't unlock all the costume variations. This is likely a bug and not intentional.

John's 12th CG is his friendship ending CG, which can only be obtained at the end of his friendship route.

The clothes technically has a bit of influence over guys' affections, but I'm not sure if it's big enough to make any difference.

The stars in each guys' stats indicate how close you are to their stat requirement. Right now, it only hints at their key stat (Adam: stamina, Ben: intelligence, etc ).

And you can give Adam anything for Christmas, he'd like some of the items more than others, but there's really only one item that you should definitely buy to unlock his CG event (the keyboard, in ??? ).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekochi

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:15 am

tooaya wrote:
I think all the CGs where your costume can be customized fail to get recorded if you don't unlock all the costume variations.  This is likely a bug and not intentional.
Then I'm still not sure what the problem is because I am 99.999% sure that I've gotten all of the variations. I've gotten the CG with the default outfit, the pink cute coat, the white cute coat, the brown classy coat, the tan classy coat, the orange cool coat, and the blue cool coat. Am I missing an outfit somewhere? Because as far as I know, that should be all the options, but the CG still isn't showing up in my gallery.
Back to top Go down
tooaya

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:34 am

Hmm, maybe they are just not going to show up at all? o: I haven't tried unlocking every variation, but I'll make sure to next time I play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nlover5112

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:28 pm

cupcakes???? how do i unlock those affraid 
Back to top Go down
Lira

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:22 pm

Umm how do you get the friendship route? I can only get the love routes or the Sian's route. >-<

The cupcakes mingame gets unlocked automatically sometime in Spring and then you choose the option to make them on the weekends. There's a post on the first page with the recipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread   

Back to top Go down

Backstage Pass Beta - Community Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next